Sunday, November 18, 2012

not ready for the NA28 . . . yet

At the 2012 Annual Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature, I have avoided purchasing the 28th edition of the Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament, which is available from two booths, Hendricksen and American Bible Society. (Interestingly, the NA28 is cheaper at the ABS booth, if you're looking to buy it at the conference.) I am waiting for the wide-margin edition, which I heard might not be out for another year. If you haven't seen the wide-margin printing of NA27, the format allows significant space for notation, cross-referencing, or just doodling (if you're into that sort of thing). I would encourage the publisher to get about issuing the wide-margin version of NA28 as soon as possible. Until then, I'll hold on to my thirty bucks.

No comments:

My Visual Bookshelf