Friday, May 21, 2010

Greek question

I'm working on a brief discussion of Justin Martyr. In the course thereof, I'm citing Justin's Dialogue 100.1, which reads:
Not only in the blessing of Joseph and Judah have things been predicted in a mysterious manner of him, but also in the Gospel it is written that he said, "All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows the Father except the Son; nor does anyone know the Son except the Father, and those to whom the Son will reveal him." (cited from Oskar Skarsaune, "Justin and His Bible," in Justin Martyr and His Worlds [edited by S. Parvis and P. Foster; Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2007], 71.)

My problem is that I don't have access to any printed Greek editions of Justin's text, and I can't find any online. Is anyone able to tell me the precise morphological form Justin uses that is translated by the italicized "Gospel" in the text quoted above? I suspect the text reads [ἐν] τῷ εὐαγγελίῳ (singular), but I want to be sure of that. Thanks, in advance, to anyone able to help.

No comments:

My Visual Bookshelf